Audi has truly outdone itself with the new 2017 Audi R8 V10.
The measurables of the 2017 R8 are as follows:
– A 5.2-liter V10 engine that can call forth 610 horsepower.
– Audi’s patented Quattro all-wheel drive ensures that this car will handle absolutely anything you can throw at it.
– Shares 43% of its parts with the R8 LMS racecar.
– Explodes from 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. It’s also reached top speeds of 205 miles per hour.
Those figures are astonishing. And why shouldn’t they be? This is, after all, a supercar. But this car will shock you in more ways than one.
– The car enables Google Earth with satellite imagery.
– A Wi-fi hotspot to support up to eight passenger devices.
– Apps for local weather, news, and such.
But this car is more than just the sum of its parts. Let’s explore a bit and talk about what each of these numbers means, and how they compare to a different luxury car; supercar royalty, the Lamborghini Huracan.
How the Lamborghini Huracan compares to the R8 in sheer measurables:
– Also has a 5.2-liter V10 engine, however it only derives 601 horsepower.
– This Lamborghini goes from 0-60 in 3.7 seconds and reached top speed at 202 miles per hour.
– All-wheel drive as well via the Lamborghini Dynamic Steering system.
How the Huracan compares to the R8 in comfortabilty:
– 12.3 inch display, available in high definition.
– Google Earth navigation system.
– Bluetooth connectivity.
Now, as we can see, the Audi gets nine more horsepower than the Huracan, while simultaneously being a half second faster than its Lamborghini counterpart. Both cars offer Google Earth, but the Audi also offers it with satellite imagery. The Lamborghini flies along at 202 miles per hour, however, the Audi moves even better to the tune of 205 miles per hour. The Audi also supports multiple passengers by having the Wi-fi capability to support up to eight devices. Oh, and cost-wise? The Huracan checks in at $237,250. The Audi R8? $163,000. Even the “Plus” model R8 V10 checks in at $189,900.
In conclusion, the Audi R8 is set to impress. Amidst people wanting self-driving cars or cars with an impressive penchant for fuel conservation, the engineers at Audi opted for a timeless way to compete: pure power. The 2017 Audi R8 emits opulence and sports the sheer ability to get up and go. Even the body style of the R8 is sleek while the LED bar headlights evoke both fear and awe. The mesh grille on the front and the vents on the side have become the staple of the storied R8 class. This car is Audi’s answer to the supercar elite. As far as performance is concerned, the R8 is sure to propel Audi into the conversation for “affordable” supercars. Whether or not this is the R8 that puts the supercar world on notice remains to be seen, but what is undeniable, is that this car is truly an impressive piece of machinery.